Eminence: Xander’s Tales is unique type of game, it blends elements of MMO and card trading games together as one. It’s a brand new trading card role playing game re-imagined for Mobile, Tablets, PC and Mac. It’s a game that rewards you with cards when you outsmart and outperform your opponents. It’s a high risk game set in a beautiful world.
Eminence: Xander’s Tales is the first trading card game of its kind, allowing the player to explore a large virtual world, delve deep into a unique and evolving story and engage with others in social play. The game features a unique card battle system inspired by the mechanics of card games such as Triple Triad. Gamers are pitted against each other in a high risk card game where the winner can take the loser’s card gaining them valuable resources with every victory, although you are able to switch between on and off settings for card stealing.
- Card Collecting: Collect hundreds of beautifully designed cards drawn by award winning designers. Trade with friends or unlock exclusive cards from story based quests.
- Card Stealing: Build a collection of uniquely designed cards by conquering your opponents and taking their cards.
- Evolving Story: Immerse yourself in a progressive storyline. Take up Xander’s quests to reveal the tales which unfold within the grand storyline.
- Exploration & MMO: Explore a real time virtual world. Meet with real people in real time and traverse a continuously expanding environment and story.
- Character Creation: Customise your character. Choose from a wide variety of different looks and hairstyles. Upgrade your gear and create a look which separates you from the pack.
- Multiplayer Action: Participate in ongoing events and tournaments which offer rare cards, exclusive armour/gear, prizes and bragging rights.
- Unique Guild System: Join forces with other heroes and build a team to battle cooperatively against other teams. Invite your friends to make your team even stronger.
There are two types of combat in the game: story battles and multiplayer battles. The story battles allow you to fight against different monsters as you progress, they are integrated within the narrative. These will be battles you encounter by participating in quests. Multiplayer battles allow you to challenge other players, PvP. They can be initiated either via direct interaction with that player in the virtual world of Artalys or through a request from the game menu. It’s through these battles that you can acquire new cards to battle with, but you can also purchase new cards using the Eminence coin currency. “You will earn Eminence coins by doing various activities such as winning card battles,completing quests and winning tournaments. Coins serve as the backbone for the story’s financial economy.”
The game is unique in many aspects: from story to gameplay and artwork to music, everything about this game is beautiful and the amount of detail is astonishing.
Artalys, the world of Eminence enters its fifth cycle of destruction brought upon by a raging Sun, which endures a cycle of death and rebirth every 10,000 years. In a world where fantasy and science collide, troubling Empires shelter ancient relics which have provided nations with the power of Alchemy – in a bid to learn of their secrets believing they may serve as key artefacts to saving the planet from its ultimate demise.
In light of the planet’s nearing end, the Aeterna empire has broken its alliance with Ixion and Wilkurse, causing an all out war for possession of the relics. Nations have once again become embroiled in conflict and instability. A legendary Alchemist, who has experienced the calamities of the previous cycle, makes his move to align the pieces of an ancient prophecy depicting a series of events needed to occur to save the world from salvation.
Amid the war, an ex-Aeternian knight and an old student of Xander, Kronos is hell bent on seizing the relics for his own purpose. Fearing the motives of his former student are part of a larger sinister plot, Xander embarks on a quest to prevent the ordeals of his time repeating and align the final events of the prophecy.
An epic adventure where fantasy and science collide awaits. Join Xander in a desperate quest to change the course of the world and challenge the forces attempting to distort the fate of an ancient prophecy.
The team behind Eminence: Xander’s Tales are currently looking for funds via Kickstarter, and at the time of writing this they have been backed £28,971 out of an overall goal of £50,000 with 11 days to go. There really is a lot more to the game than what I’ve written about here, so head over to the Eminence Kickstarter page or official website for more information, videos and other media.